At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1976 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
Paramount is hiring two (2) Engineers-in-Training (EITs) to start in May 2018. EITs will be placed in a three-year rotational development program. During the program, the successful candidates will be required to spend a minimum of one year working in the field (Whitecourt or Grande Prairie office). Rotations will be one year long and may include assignments in Reservoir, Production, Drilling, Completions, Projects or Operations Engineering.
Each assignment is designed to expose the EIT to typical engineering responsibilities in that area. The EIT will be supervised and mentored by a Senior Engineer within each group during the assignment. Benefits of the program include individual mentorship and development, exposure to field work and access to training courses (safety and technical-related). The development program is designed to enhance the EIT’s experience and result in the EIT working on increasingly complex projects and assignments.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must have obtained an accredited university engineering degree within the last two years
- Previous oil and gas experience
- EIT’s applying for positions must have a valid driver’s license with two or more years of driving experience. The successful candidate must provide a copy of their driver’s abstract
- Strong computer and MS Office skills are required
- Background knowledge in petroleum economics analysis, cost analysis, petroleum engineering and operations fundamentals would be an asset
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Candidates must be able to relocate to Paramount’s field operating offices (Whitecourt/Grande Prairie) as well as Calgary.
- Strong safety mindset
- Motivation to achieve and exceed superior results
- High standard of accountability
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Values feedback as a learning tool
- Experience in ValNav, GeoScout, Avocet and IHS Suite would be an asset
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paramount’s finance group is comprised of highly skilled and motivated professionals providing the Company and its external stakeholders with sound financial governance and advice, including financial and operational reporting, analysis and regulatory compliance.
The Financial Accountant is an integral part of the financial reporting team, whose primary responsibility is to meet the Company’s external reporting and continuous disclosure requirements.
- Assist in the development of new internal control programs and documentation following the combination of three corporate entities in 2017
- Perform testing of internal controls
- Participate in financial reporting projects related to the adoption of new accounting standards and policies
- Support other initiatives of the finance group including developing new processes and enhanced reporting as the Company continues to grow
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA with one to two years of post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of CSOX regulations and documentation
- Knowledge of IFRS and continuous disclosure securities regulations
- Knowledge of accounting and information systems, including systems integration
- Detail oriented with the ability to think broadly and strategically
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High-performing individual able to meet deadlines based on broad guidelines
- Ability to see the overall business context in which the finance group operates
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.