Paramount’s finance group is comprised of highly skilled and motivated professionals providing the Company and its external stakeholders with sound financial governance and advice, including financial and operational reporting, financial planning and analysis and regulatory compliance.
We have the following position available in our Calgary office:
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE
This position reports to the Manager, Financial Reporting. The senior financial accountant is an integral part of the financial reporting team, whose primary responsibility is to meet the Company’s external reporting requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual public filings including consolidated financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis and annual information form
- Provide analysis and accounting policy conclusions in relation to complex accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, acquisitions/dispositions, financings and other transactions
- Monitor developments in accounting standards and ensure the Company’s accounting policies remain compliant
- Design and implement process changes required as a result of changes in accounting standards or new business activities
- Communicate and resolve accounting policy issues with the Company’s external auditors
- Oversee the preparation of subsidiary financial statements and subsidiary compliance reporting
- Lead compliance activities related to internal controls over financial reporting
- Review contractual arrangements and evaluate potential accounting issues
- Support other initiatives of the finance group including new processes and reporting requirements as the Company continues to grow
- Chartered Accountant with five to eight years of post-qualification experience in publicly traded oil and gas companies
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS and continuous disclosure securities regulations
- Detail oriented with the ability to think broadly and strategically
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who operates with a natural curiosity and is a problem solver by nature
- High-performing individual able to meet deadlines based on broad guidelines
- Ability to see the overall business context in which the finance group operates
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at email@example.com.