This position is located in the Calgary office and reports to the Reservoir Engineering Manager.
This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the internal reserves database; coordinating and ensuring accuracy of both internal (quarterly) and independent reserve evaluations (annually); providing reservoir engineering support to all COUs as required vis-à-vis depletion strategy development, regulatory applications, well performance evaluation, production forecasting, reservoir simulation, etc; and conducting economic evaluations for acquisition and divestment packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain internal reserve database to track current production and evaluate results of newly drilled wells on a quarterly and annual basis
- Facilitate annual third-party independent reserve evaluation by coordinating the provision of necessary data to the evaluator and ensuring accuracy of evaluation results
- Prepare and submit regulatory applications as required by business units for commingling, downspacing, MRL removal, etc.
- Oversee pressure and well test analyses for all company wells, including submission requirements
- Conduct economic evaluations for divestment and acquisition packages, or for capital projects as required
- Conduct reservoir studies on major properties in support of depletion strategy development and reserve assessment (volumetric, decline analysis, material balance, numerical simulation)
- Monitor industry reservoir engineering practices and technology to ensure that the company stays at the leading edge of industry
Qualities, Skills & Attributes:
- University graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 6-12 years of oil and gas industry experience
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Familiarity with Fekete’s suite of well analysis tools and Schlumberger’s Merak products will be considered advantageous
Interested candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted