We are currently recruiting for the following position in our Calgary office:
Reporting to the Drilling and Completions Manager, you will be responsible for researching, designing, programming, implementing, and overseeing field operations on new well completions, well workovers, and well abandonments in guidance with both Regulatory Agencies and Corporate Safety and Environmental policies.
- Review, research and generate a plan to execute cost efficient well completions, recompletions, workovers and well abandonments
- Review, evaluate, and recommend new technologies for implementation on potential projects
- Generate accurate AFE cost estimates for projects
- Source out service providers and equipment to execute field operations
- Review daily operations reports and liaise with Field Completions Supervisors
- Report, compile, analyze and understand post completions costs and any operational issues
- Interpret drilling and testing information for personnel.
- Develop plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
- Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Maintain records of drilling and production operations.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Evaluate findings to develop, design, or test equipment or processes.
- Assign work to staff to obtain maximum utilization of personnel.
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and operation of mining and oil field equipment.
- Simulate reservoir performance for different recovery techniques, using computer models.
- Design and implement environmental controls on oil and gas operations.
- Design or modify mining and oil field machinery and tools, applying engineering principles.
- Take samples to assess the amount and quality of oil, the depth at which resources lie, and the equipment needed to properly extract them.
- Conduct engineering research experiments to improve or modify mining and oil machinery and operations.
- Inspect oil and gas wells to determine that installations are completed.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in research, planning, and development.
- Supervise the removal of drilling equipment, the removal of any waste, and the safe return of land to structural stability when wells or pockets are exhausted.
- Test machinery and equipment to ensure that it is safe and conforms to performance specifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years Completions experience with, preferably, a Degree in Engineering
- Experience in all aspects of completions, workovers, and abandonments, including experience in multi-lateral horizontal completions
- Must be a self starter with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and independently oversee multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Completions Operations Superintendent experience is required
- Possess strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.