At Paramount Resources Ltd. we’re driven by a passion to be the best. Paramount is dynamic, fast-moving and not content with the status quo. A combination of focused approach, technical expertise and financial depth has propelled us into one of the top exploration and production companies in Canada. We’ve been in business since 1976 and our most recent acquisition of Apache Canada Ltd. and merger with Trilogy Energy Corp. have us poised for tremendous growth.
While our continued progress can be attributed to many factors, our people are the primary reason for Paramount’s success. Our premium land positions, diversified portfolio and financial flexibility set the stage for our talented teams to showcase their proven ability to deliver top-tier results.
We demonstrate a culture of operational excellence and deliver on our promises. Paramount takes pride in our track record of protecting the environment while responsibly developing Canada’s natural resources, and strives to instill high EH&S standards at all levels of operations. We understand that economic development is a key factor in building strong communities and we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the people involved in all facets of our work and in the communities in which we operate.
Paramount is involved and invested in many community groups, and the pillars of our corporate giving – healthcare, education and recreation – help provide the tools to build strong communities.
Be part of the energy – join Paramount today!
We’re a Canadian company based in Calgary, Alberta, and our shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol POU.
About this Opportunity
This position will provide administrative support to the area Foremen and production area staff in the Kaybob Production Area. The successful candidate will work at a plant site that is 17 km north of Fox Creek.
Job functions will involve:
- General Office Administration
- Distribution of incoming & outgoing postal & courier mail
- Handle invoice coding and distribution
- Set up meetings which includes location, catering, travel, and event logistics
- Organize training set up for external and internal courses as required
- Prepare expense reports
- Order stationary for group
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Answering telephones & dealing with internal and external contacts
- Filing electronic & hard copy documents
- Preparing, modifying, and maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Attending business meetings and preparing meeting minutes
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills are essential. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience required)
- A self-starter who is capable of working in a fast-paced environment and able to assume a very large and varied workload. Accuracy and ability to multi-task are essential
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education in office administration and/or 2 years previous oil and gas production/operations experience
- Team oriented
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Fox Creek area
- Regular work hours: 9/80 shift (Monday – Friday, with every second Friday off)
Paramount Resources Ltd. offers competitive compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If you are interested in becoming part of our high-energy team, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2018.
We thank you for your interest in this employment opportunity. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Paramount’s finance group is comprised of highly skilled and motivated professionals providing the Company and its external stakeholders with sound financial governance and advice, including financial and operational reporting, analysis and regulatory compliance.
The Financial Accountant is an integral part of the financial reporting team, whose primary responsibility is to meet the Company’s external reporting and continuous disclosure requirements.
- Assist in the development of new internal control programs and documentation following the combination of three corporate entities in 2017
- Perform testing of internal controls
- Participate in financial reporting projects related to the adoption of new accounting standards and policies
- Support other initiatives of the finance group including developing new processes and enhanced reporting as the Company continues to grow
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA with one to two years of post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of CSOX regulations and documentation
- Knowledge of IFRS and continuous disclosure securities regulations
- Knowledge of accounting and information systems, including systems integration
- Detail oriented with the ability to think broadly and strategically
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High-performing individual able to meet deadlines based on broad guidelines
- Ability to see the overall business context in which the finance group operates
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.