Reporting to the Corporate Operating Officer of the Kaybob Business Unit and working closely with the Kaybob asset team, including Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling, Operations and Land, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building reserve and production levels by generating and drilling economic locations within the core properties.
- Managing all geological responsibilities associated with an extensive vertical and horizontal well drilling inventory targeting several horizons from the Cardium down to the Montney.
- Identifying exploration opportunities to provide growth potential for the operating unit.
- Budget planning and implementation to ensure project completion and targets being met.
- Evaluation of relevant land sale opportunities.
- Evaluation of corporate and property acquisition opportunities.
- Recommending and implementing well work-overs as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
As the ideal candidate you have a B.Sc. in Geology, you are an APEGA member and have at least ten years of experience preferably in the Mesozoic section of the deep basin of the WCSB. Experience in clastic sedimentology and mapping of clastic depositional systems is strongly preferred. Sound operational experience in drilling vertical and horizontal wells is expected. You have a proven track record of successful vertical and horizontal wells drilled. You are a team player that has demonstrated the ability to work well with others in a highly integrated team setting. You are responsive, communicative and receptive to constructive input from your team. You are able to take the initiative, be proactive and work effectively with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.