This position is located in our Calgary office and reports to the Manager, Tax.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing annual tax filings (e.g. income tax returns, partnership information returns, information slips)
- Providing support to accounting staff in maintaining legal entity financial statements
- Initially, assisting the Senior Tax Analyst in preparing the Canadian GAAP consolidated income tax provision for the Company (quarterly and annual), and, over the longer term, assuming overall responsibility for preparation
- Reviewing monthly GST, provincial sales tax, and similar filings
- Assisting in responding to tax audits
- Assisting in tax planning, tax research, interpreting new tax legislation, and transaction work
- Other special projects and assignments as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Chartered Accountant designation
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course – Level 2
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP – particularly accounting for income taxes
- Experience in preparing tax filings for public companies in the oil and gas industry would be an asset
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.